Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Medication Organization TAKE 2


Since we have triple ear infections this week, I thought I would take pictures of the colored bands and measuring spoons I was talking about in my previous post.



Here is the make-shift dry erase board we are using currently. I have designed a print out for a clipboard that will be a little bit easier and less likely that my children will erase the information on a WHIM.



Three out of my four have ear infections so the color coded rubber bands are working great. now, I just reach in the fridge and grab the right color. Is this a perfect system? NO! Lack of sleep, mental fatigue and the emotional roller coaster that comes with sick kids cannot be a good combo for flawless perfection. But, the more I "over" organize the least likely I am to REALLY mess things up.


Here, I have taken my daughters hair bands and put them at the dosage levels. Since I didn't find green and blue bands to go with the bottles, purple is close to blue and green and yellow make great color buddies. Hey, the theory works in my crazy sleep deprived brain, so I am just going to go with it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love how you even have the bands on the medicine droppers! Brilliant.
    I often do a checklist, too-for the medications. Like in October when Pat & both boys were on Tamiflu plus more.

    I hope your 3 w/ ear infections get well very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be like you when I grow up! (Nevermind that I'm 33 already!) Love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete