Wednesday, May 22, 2013

We have done it again!

Well, It is official, we have gone and done it again.  We are having another baby.  I am pretty sure it is because we bought a 12 passenger van 2 months ago but one can't be sure of these things.


What does that mean for the 2200 square foot house with two huge bedrooms upstairs??  It means a massive room shifting, reorganizing extravaganza.  Our den/play room/guest room is becoming the den/play room/guest room/office.  The office is becoming my (significantly smaller than we are used to) bedroom and the boys are moving into our room.  Yes, this means a complete & major house overhaul.  Now I realize, I said this last time before the twins however, in this case, we have no other options.  We are maxed out.

The question running through my exhausted first trimester brain is - WHERE do I begin?  So, my goal will be to begin in the basement with new storage shelves to house everything that we need to store.  Currently, we have bins of kid clothes stored in an area of my room with sizes for the twins to grow into and clothes that they have grown out of.  The bins of swim suits and soccer gear are also stored in there for easy access.  All must move down to the basement which will be storage and indoor gym where I can send crazy excessive children to wear themselves out.

Step two will be to get the den/play room/guest room cleaned up and paired down to make room for the office gear.  The walls could use a new coat of paint but lets cross that bridge when we get to it!

Then on to the "old" office now my much smaller bedroom.  In 10 years of marriage, my husband and I have never had our clothes in the same room let alone the same closet so, this is bound to get interesting.

After those major accomplishments the moving of the boys into our room will be fun.  Our boys have always shared with their siblings and it has been hard at times (many times).  This should be life altering and I am excited for them to have this space to call their own.

So, with all of this work and craziness why am I blogging again??  To keep myself accountable.  With the yuckiness that comes with the joys of pregnancy, I am all too quick to give up and take a nap.  In order for this massive undertaking to occur, I need to give myself several months to get the steps accomplished.  My goal is to have it done by the beginning of my third trimester (when I am too huge to do anything useful).  ANY and ALL ideas or suggestions are always appreciated as I ponder each room and its needs for our family.  As always, with each organization we will have to live with it for a while to see what works and what doesn't.  My inner organizing diva is dying with excitement and jumping up and down with glee but my exhausted first trimester body is rebelling.  Needless to say, this undertaking will be a lot of fun to watch from the outside so, enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. your blog needs more pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely amazing and I will you all the best! Such a woman of strength and a witness to motherhood! Thoughts and prayers Mrs. Fly Girl!

    ReplyDelete